[Help-glpk] Error Messages from glpksol

From: Norman Jessup
Subject: [Help-glpk] Error Messages from glpksol
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:08:18 +1100

I'm very new to GLPK and I've been experimenting with using glpsol with a mathProg model file. As I anticipated, I've made many mistakes, but I'm finding that the solver doesn't give me many clues. Typically the message:

        $ glpsol --math gate_alloc.mod

        Reading model section from gate_alloc.mod...
        gate_alloc.mod:2: syntax error in model section
Context: *
        MathProg model processing error

This tells me there is an error, but doesn't give any indication about the nature or location of the error.

Is there a way I can get more feedback from glpsol ?

I haven't listed the model file here because I'm not concerned about this particula model - more about how I can diagnose future errors.

Thank you

--
Norman Jessup

+61 2 9876 2703