[Help-glpk] Alternative Distribution hashes?

From: Reginald Beardsley
Subject: [Help-glpk] Alternative Distribution hashes?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:48:00 -0800 (PST)

I decided to update GLPK from 4.47.  No particular reason other than GLPK is valuable enough to me to justify doing an update.  Unfortunately I find I can't verify the download hash.

Could we please have hashes for the distribution using sha1 and/or md5?  Gnupg has redone their website in the last few days, but apparently have not completed the work as I can find no link that will download any source distribution.  This makes it impossible for me to verify the integrity of the download.

I'm  running OpenIndiana, so I have to compile gpg from source to check the signature.  I wouldn't particularly care except I can't download gpg.  However, I'd like to note that I've encountered packages that will not compile, typically because of autotools problems.  So only having that one means of verifying the integrity can be a problem.  If an SHA-1 hash is good enough for checking Gnupg downloads, it seems to me it should be good enough for GLPK.  But all I really want is an alternative I can use without having to satisfy another dependency.

Thanks,
Reg