Re: [Help-glpk] Questions about install glpk

From: Jackie Brook
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Questions about install glpk
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:16:10 -0400

Thanks a lot. It solves the problem!

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Jiří Spitz <address@hidden> wrote:
Jackie Brook wrote:
I followed the instruction of 'INSTALL' in the downloaded GLPK package
of version glpk-4.52.1. Use the commands of gzip, tar, ./configure, then
make, make check, sudo make install. All works fine. But there is no
glpsol.exe generated, no 'bin' directory. When I try to use the 'glpsol'
under the 'examples' directory to compile a new file, there is an error:
glpsol: error while loading shared libraries: libglpk.so.36: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory.  After I disabled the
shared library, the problem is still there.

Is there something wrong or missing for my install steps?
Btw, I install glpk under Ubuntu 12.04.2. I have the similar problem
under windows command lines.

It is necessary to issue the following command after make install:

sudo ldconfig

Ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries.

Jiri