Re: [Help-glpk] Simplex vertex neighborhood

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Simplex vertex neighborhood
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:51:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013, Matteo Fischetti DEI wrote:

Just a last comment: in case of (primal) degeneracy, a vertex x* can be optimal but a given associated basis B can still lead to negative reduced costs, i.e., B can be "nonoptimal". Indeed, the test on reduced costs is only a sufficient condition that can be violated by several bases B associated to an optimal vertex x*.

I might hvae been too subtle, but that is why I wrote
"vertex ... might ... bases."