Re: [Help-glpk] order restrictions

From: robin hankin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] order restrictions
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 22:14:48 +1300

Thanks for this, Xypron.

> MIP optimzers are not fast solvers for constraint programming problems.

That's a shame.
What would you suggest for solving a 10x10x10 binary array subject to ~200 restrictions?
It's not suitable for DLX.

Also, I suspect that  any insights I have into my problems will not improve on the T-D heuristic.

best wishes

Robin

To choose the variable glpsol uses the Tomlin-Driebeek heuristic by default, cf.

http://opim.wharton.upenn.edu/~guignard/916_2011/papers_to_read/Driebeck_1966_MSc.pdf

and

*  Tomlin J.A. Branch and bound methods for integer and non-convex
*  programming, in J.Abadie (ed.), Integer and Nonlinear Programming,
*  North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp. 437-50 (1970).

You can influence the branching variable if you use GLPK library and provide a callback function. See
gpk-4.47/doc/glpk.pdf

Best regards

Xypron

--