Re: [Help-glpk] Fwd: glpk help

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Fwd: glpk help
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:20:50 +1300

Hello Sajal

You could certainly achieve your task using the C
interface to GLPK.  I program in C++ and have a class
that holds five objective functions.  Before calling my
solver member function (aka method), I nominate one of
the five to be the active objective and later calculate
the value of the remaining four after the solver has
returned. Now that is not exactly what you asked about,
but it does share similarities.

I am guessing here, but you could try some background
scripting in your preferred scripting language (bash,
perl, python, ruby) and write out new data files on the
fly.  The GLPK wikibook has some material on scripting
and GLPSOL:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK

Or, again guessing, you could take a hybrid approach
and use a GLPK scripting language binding (python, R).

The approach you select is probably a mater of which
tools and languages you feel most comfortable with.

Can I echo Andrew's comment about using a more
descriptive subject line.  It makes it easier for
people who want to later scan thru the archives.

Good luck, Robbie

> To:           address@hidden
> Subject:      [Help-glpk] Fwd:  glpk help
> From:         Sajal Mukhopadhyay <address@hidden>
> Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:16:43 +0530
>
> No answer of this message yet. Please help.

---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]