Re: [Help-glpk] Subset

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Subset
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 04:27:22 +0200

Hello Kasper,

> but if it's just the set containing the kth member of S, couldn't you
> just say S[k] then instead of making a new set?
unfortunately not, S cannot be accessed by an index.

Furthermore there is no function to return a single element of a set.

If you look at the definition of ELEMSET in src/glpmpl.h you will
see that elemental sets are stored as linked list. Hence access
via a numeric index would cost O(n) time which is not
efficient.

In the follwing thread I suggested to provide a syntax
extension
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2008-12/msg00109.html

Best regards

Xypron