Re: [Help-glpk] Binary variable with fractional value

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Binary variable with fractional value
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:46:07 +1300 (NZDT)

To:          "\"Benjamin" D?ring" <address@hidden>
From:         Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Date:         Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:31:38 +0400

>> Im using the GLPK package to build a scheduler in Java.
>>
>> Even when I use the GLPK.glp_set_col_kind(lp, i,
>> GLPKConstants.GLP_BV) binary Variable, I get
>> fractional results like 0.5.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Please see:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2011-09/msg00035.html

Hi Benjamin

Just for the record, this issue is also written up in
the GLPK wikibook.  Please see the troubleshooting page:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Troubleshooting#Continuous_solution_to_mixed-integer_problem

There is also quite a lot of info on java too:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Java

cheers, Robbie
(ps: Andrew: ill-formed email address as you suggested .. oops)
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]