Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: result.xlsx out with GLPK]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: result.xlsx out with GLPK]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:28:32 +0200

Hello Stefan,

> the syntax i did try is:
>
> table result {i in PRODUCTS, j in TRAINS, k in POSITIONS} OUT "iODBC"
> 'DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm,
> *.xlsb);DBQ=.\result.xlsx;READONLY=FALSE'
> 'INSERT INTO [result$] VALUES (PRODUCTS, TRAINS, POSITIONS)' :
>  i ~ PRODUCTS, j ~ TRAINS, k ~ POSITIONS;

The INSERT statment should be

'INSERT INTO [result$] (PRODUCTS, TRAINS, POSITIONS) VALUES (?,?,?);'

If there is no question mark the whole string is considered to be a
table name by the ODBC driver in GLPK.

In the example above 'result' has to the name of a worksheet with the
values PRODUCTS, TRAINS, POSITIONS in cells A1 to C1.

GLPK for Windows comes with file glpk-4.46/examples/sql/sudoku_excel.mod.

I have added an example with DROP TABLE, and CREATE TABLE to
http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=GLPK/ODBC#Microsoft_Excel

Best regards

Xypron