[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Terminating GLPK early]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Terminating GLPK early]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:25:20 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: Terminating GLPK early
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:34:40 +1200

Dear Andrew,

I am currently modifying the GLPKMEX interface to GLPK (Matlab
interface) and wish to be able to terminate a call to GLPK if a user was
to say push Ctrl-C, and return the current best solution. I have read
through the documentation and have tried glp_error() however this also
causes Matlab to crash (not sure if I have done something wrong), but
wondered if there was a cleaner way?

I am imagining an event handler which could be passed to GLPK before
glp_simplex() or another solver is called, which is then called by the
solver each iteration (with perhaps some runtime information), and a
return code passed back to indicate whether to continue or stop.

I apologize if this already exists in GLPK however I have been unable to
find it!

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Currie