[Help-glpk] how to use warmup

From: nicolas.derhy
Subject: [Help-glpk] how to use warmup
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:56:01 +0200

Hello,

I want to make some successive lp optimizations where only second member of
some constraints change.
So my idea was to solve the first lp problem, to save the basis corresponding
to the optimal solution and then to use this basis when solving the others
problem (in order to greatly speed up the optimization process).

I did not find which method used for reading/writing .bas file so I tried
calling only warmup method between two optimizations. It seems to have no
effect because the output always specify that it constructs initial basis even
when using warmup.
Finally I switched off presolve and it worked !

So my question is : is it possible to use presolve (which is great to decrease
the size of lp problems) AND warmup ? Besides, in the java implementation of
glpk, I found readBas and writeBas method, is there an equivalent in the native
glpk API ?

Best regards.

Nicolas

GDF SUEZ Mail Disclaimer: http://www.gdfsuez.com/disclaimer/disclaimer-fr.html