Re: [Help-glpk] Initializing a few decision variables

From: Xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Initializing a few decision variables
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:55:29 +0200

Hello Marc,

if B1 is a set, you probably want to write:

s.t. {b in B1} c1 : x[b,21] = 1;
# or
s.t. c2 : x["b",21] = 1; # where "b" is a member of B1

Best regards

Xypron

On 29.07.2011 16:45, Marc Goetschalckx wrote:
I am using a model coded in GMPL.
The model has a large two-dimensional array of x variables, one dimension has literal indices that are defined in a set in the data segment (example is B1)
This model is running and solving so far.
However, I need to initialize a very few of the x variables because of boundary conditions.
Statement in the model section is similar to
s.t. x[B1,21]=1;
This cannot be done because B1 is not yet defined (from the data section). How can I initialize some of the variables in the data section, or what is the sequence of actions that can achieve this.
Thanks.