Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: help on interpreting sensitivity analysis]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: help on interpreting sensitivity analysis]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 03:10:07 +0400

> Thanks a lot for the quick reply. If my plot is incorrect then maybe it would
> explain my doubts. However, I cannot see why it is incorrect. In your naming
> of variables and constraints the xx axis would represent x1 and yy axis x2.
> The blue line is c1, the red c2, and the yellow c3. The interior of the
> triangle thus marks the feasible region.

On your plot I didn't find the point that corresponds to the basic
solution found by the solver. Just check it, may be I'm wrong.

> If this is correct (please apologise if I'm making some basic mistake here),
> then I don't understand how the current basis remain optimal for any positive
> objective coefficient after x1>=3.28571, as you said, since for approximately
> x>6.5 there is no feasible region.

If the obj coefficient at x1 is increasing, the current basis is *not*
changed remaining optimal for *any* positive obj. coefficient, i.e. x1
keeps its current value 3.28571. Please read the reference manual more
carefully.