Re: [Help-glpk] Mathprog > SQLite/MySQL > GNUPlot - (Graphing LP and MI

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Mathprog > SQLite/MySQL > GNUPlot - (Graphing LP and MIP results)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:53:05 +1000

The idea that I am presenting here is using a databases as input and
output /results of LP and MIP model.

I am also trying to avoid proprietory software as well

> Last time this came up you rejected Excel due to having too much data for a
> spreadsheet.

I can not remember saying this statement above "rejected Excel". I
love Excel for data inputting. I even have example for the
transportation model in Excel using SQL statement.

I am not really after of nice graphics but functional graphics similar
to gnuplot in GAMS.

http://www.gamsworld.org/mpsge/debreu/gnuplot/gnuplot.htm

> agree with you that this is not a sensible use of spreadsheets, but Excel
> can use data in a database as a datasource.

UPDATE SQL statement is not supported in EXCEL ODBC driver. You have
to delete the rows first. The results will be inserted - INSERT works.
 If you make a reference to the cells in these rows, you will have
errors in the pre-prepare graph template.

I am not developing a software program at this moment so I don't
really need Crystral Report or BIRT. I used Crystal Report before as
part of day time job.

I use GUSEK as IDE for mathprog, gnuplot, R package and Matplotlib
scripts. I like to visualise my LP and MIP results quickly by just
going to gnuplot tab and then run and see the graphs.

Noli