Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK in R vs. AMPL

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK in R vs. AMPL
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 01:25:03 +0400

Hello,

> I #8217;m running an LP through the R version of GLPK
> (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/glpk/index.html)
> and comparing the results with what I get out of AMPL (using the cplex
> solver,  but that #8217;s probably not important).

> While in AMPL I get a reasonable answer so the model should be ok, in
> GLPK cannot find an optimal solution. I think it #8217;s to do with
> the absolute value constraints that I am using. I wanted to know if
> anyone else was having a similar issue, and how it was fixed.

If your model is LP, you can use glpsol, the stand-alone glpk lp/mip
solver which supports the modeling language GNU MathProg, a subset of
AMPL.

All questions concerning the R version of glpk should probably be
addressed to its author(s), because that development is not part of
the glpk project.

Andrew Makhorin