[Help-glpk] Gnu Mathprog: Projection operator?

From: Jörg Strebel
Subject: [Help-glpk] Gnu Mathprog: Projection operator?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:38:28 +0100

Hello!

In my optimization model, I read data from several .csv-files. This looks as follows:

table loaddata IN "CSV" "Exp.csv":L<-[LType, App,Time]
table costdata IN "CSV" "disc_data.csv":C<-[Provider,Function, Type]
table ressourcedata IN "CSV" "ress_data.csv":R<-[Provider, Server, Size]

now I would like to define my variables x{}; they need to feature the indices Provider,Server,Time and App. As I have seen in the example files, the variable gets to be defined using the control sets from the table statement. Unfortunately, I have no control set that directly matches my variable indices.

My first thought was to assemble the variable indices using a projection on my existing control sets   L,C and R, but I cannot find such an operator in GNU Mathprog. Another option would be to create a .csv-file containing the necessary indices, but that seems a bit complicated.

1. Is there any way a projection can be realized in Mathprog?
2. What is the best way to define the index set for my variable definition? (e.g. creating another .csv-file?)

Thank you!

Best regards

Jörg Strebel