Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG

From: Gabor Retvari
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:00:42 +0100

On Thursday 29 January 2009 22:32:09 Kelly Westbrooks wrote:

> I should note that SWIG doesn't generate a particularly "pretty" java
> interface for GLPK -- but it does generate an interface that works. I have
> written my own java adapter classes that wrap the java code that SWIG
> generates to make it much more programmer-friendly.

This is, regrettably, not specific to the java interface generator in SWIG
but can be said about basically any language binding it creates. The Perl
bindings for GLPK work quite similarly to the way you describe: a low-level
SWIG-generated binding is wrapped inside a nice perlish interface class with
some convenience functions.

I too second the inclusion of the glpk.i into the GLPK source tree.

Best regards,
rg0now