Re: [Help-glpk] unixODBC

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] unixODBC
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:56:17 +0400

Hi Xypron,

> I dropped the glpk database and recreated it with the provided
> transp.sql.
> I compiled glpk-4.31 with provided configure.ac (after changing the
> version number back to 4.31).
> ~/src/glpk-4.31$ aclocal
> ~/src/glpk-4.31$ autoconf
> ~/src/glpk-4.31$ ./configure --enable-dl --enable-mysql
> --enable-odbc=unix
> ~/src/glpk-4.31$ make
> The SQL examples run fine.

> autoheader 2.61 gives a warning that looks incorrect to me:
> ~/src/glpk-4.31$ autoheader
> autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_DLFCN
> autoheader: Use AC_DEFINE([HAVE_DLFCN], [], [Description])

You do not need to run autoheader at all, because config.h.in is written
manually and included in the distribution. (This is normal, because
configure script, makefiles, and other stuff are created by the
maintainer, so the ordinary user does not need even to have autotools
installed.)

Currently I use the following sequence:

echo "Executing libtoolize..."
libtoolize -c -f
echo "Executing aclocal..."
aclocal-1.10
echo "Executing autoconf..."
autoconf
### echo "Executing autoheader..."
### autoheader
echo "Executing automake..."
automake-1.10 -c -a

> given a SQL table with a text column. When reading a text of 0 length
> with ODBC, SQLFetch returns output length -1. This leads to a
> segmentation fault in glpsql.c in statement
> strncpy(buf, (const char *) sql->data[i], len);
>
> Please, apply the following patch
> http://glpk.dyndns.org/viewvc/svn/glpk/glpk/branches/glpk-4.31-segmentation_fault/src/glpsql.c?view=diff&r1=288&r2=286&diff_format=h

Please post me (not to the list) the file mysql05.c. I am unable to
connect. Thanks.