[Help-glpk] "Exception in thread ProcessManager"

From: Gilbert Sawma
Subject: [Help-glpk] "Exception in thread ProcessManager"
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:27:46 +0400

Hello,

I am using glpk to find an optimal solution to assign n stations to m
servers. I get the following error: "Exception in thread ProcessManager".

In fact, I am running a java program on unix server. In this program, I call
glpsol by: "Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(glpsol ...)"
and each time I do "p.destroy()". In each iteration, I increase the number
of variables. For example, let suppose that I have 100 servers
et x stations. With a loop "for", I increase the number of stations from 10
to 200 (for x=10 to 200 do{...}). The problem is, when I
have around 100 or 110 stations, I get the error "Exception in thread
ProcessManager" and the program stops.

I notice, that if execute the java program without calling glpsol, I have no
errors even I reach 500 stations. So, the problem appears when I call
glpsol.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.
Thank you in advance,
Gilbert

Gilbert Sawma address@hidden
Ph.D. student
Bureau 808, PHARE, UFR 169
LIP6 - Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris 6
UPMC - Paris Universitas
104 Avenue du Président Kennedy, 75016, Paris