[Help-glpk] Hi: Question. Please help.

From: Jahnavi Prasad
Subject: [Help-glpk] Hi: Question. Please help.
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:18:20 +0400

Hi,

I am trying to use GLPK in a flux-balance analysis context in biology.
Once the linear constraints are defined and maximization of the
objective function is done, I often find that the solution contains too
many changes across the free variable set, and I cannot change that many
variables (over 1000 sometimes) for my engineering problem. I can at the
most take care of say a 15-20. How can I restrict the number (not
magnitude) of changes in the LP maximization?

Can someone please answer this question?

Thanks a lot,
regards,
Prasad