[Help-glpk] Differences between LP Relaxation and Lagrange Relaxation

From: RC Loh
Subject: [Help-glpk] Differences between LP Relaxation and Lagrange Relaxation
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:13:55 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,

This question is not directly related to the usage of glpk but it is related to linear programming in general. I could not find the answer to this question in the Internet so I hope I can find an answer here.

1) What is the differences between linear programming (LP) relaxation and Lagrange relaxation?
2) Can LP Relaxation and Lagrange Relaxation be used together to solve a problem?
3) By using LP Relaxation, can the problem be solved in polynomial time?
4) By using Lagrange relaxation, can the problem be solved in polynomail time?

Thank you.

Rdgs,
Paul

Get your preferred Email name!