Re: [Help-glpk] How to generate glpk DLL with visuall C++ 2008 express e

From: vijay patil
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How to generate glpk DLL with visuall C++ 2008 express edition?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:13:03 +0530

I assume you are asking for procedure to create a GLPK DLL on Windows
XP using VS 2008.
I describe one of the possible way of creating the DLL.

You will need to compile the GLPK source code in VS to create the DLL,
just like creating any other DLL. However please note that to export
the functions, GLPK provides a .def file. The file can be found at
following location of GLPK release tarball:
w32/glpk_4_28.def

1. To build a GLPK DLL, create a new project 'glpk_4_28' in VS by
selecting appropriate options.

2. Add GLPK source code and include files. Set relevant project
properties, like:

C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Dir = Location of GLPK header
(.h)  files on your m/c
Module definition file = glpk_4_28.def

3. Copy .def file w32/glpk_4_28.def to the project directory.

4. Try to build.

5. If successful you will glpk_4_28.lib and glpk_4_28.dll files ready
in the output directories.

6. Use glpk_4_28.lib to link you application (say a C program). Copy
glpk_4_28.dll to same directory as your application or to directory
C:\WINDOWS\system32. When you run your application it will search for
the DLL.

Please note that I have not tested above procedure so experiment a bit
to overcome the problems that you may face. In GLPK release tarball,
w32 directory also contains some Makefiles/batch files in case you
want to use them to build GLPK DLL.