[Help-glpk] Return value on mipgap problems

From: Joey Rios
Subject: [Help-glpk] Return value on mipgap problems
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:07:05 -0700

Just a minor note.  When using a 'mipgap' value, ios_driver() will return GLP_ETMLIM if the mipgap tolerance is satisfied.  This causes the message "TIME LIMIT EXCEEDED; SEARCH TERMINATED" message to print from within glp_intopt().  Not a big deal, but it was confusing the first few times I saw it.  Ideally there would be a new return value for ios_driver(), say GLP_MIPGAPTOL (or whatever) and glp_intopt could print a more informative message based upon this new value.  The relevant sections of code are in glpios03.c, line 1346 for the mipgap check and glpapi08.c lines 345-373 for the switch statement on that return value for printing a message.

If I'm wrong about any of this, please update this thread and let me know.  Also, if any further details are needed regarding this issue, I'd be happy to provide them.

Thanks,
Joey

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started!