[Help-glpk] Re: Simple Cutting Stock Problem Solver Using GLPK

From: vijay patil
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Simple Cutting Stock Problem Solver Using GLPK
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:36:47 +0530

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 3:29 PM, vijay patil <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I wrote a program to solve cutting stock problem. Program is written
>  in C++ and uses GLPK C API.  Customized branch & bound (BB) algorithm
>  is used. Each node of BB tree is a LP. Each node LP is solved using
>  column generation (CG). Very simple branching on fractional variable
>  is used to obtain integer solution. BB tree is traversed using breadth
>  first search (BFS) strategy.
>
>  Hopefully program will be useful to anyone interested in learning GLPK
>  C API and understand column generation technique. In case you want to
>  have a look at the source code, following web-page has more details,
>  including source code:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/cspsol/
>
>  I have not tested the program extensively. It is likely that program
>  has some flaw or incorrect use of GLPK C API. Your feedback/comments
>  are welcome.
>
>  Thanks
>  --
>  Vijay Patil

Just released version 0.2.

http://code.google.com/p/cspsol/downloads/list

Added some command line options. Added support for two search
strategies (DFS and BFS).

address@hidden:~/projects/cspsol/src$ cspsol --help

Usage: cspsol [options...] --data filename

Where filename contains orders data in following format.
maximum_pattern_width
order_width_1 demand_1
order_width_2 demand_2
order_width_n demand_n

All demand quantities are <= maximum_pattern_width.

--dfs           Process branch and bound tree in depth first manner.
--bfs           Process branch and bound tree in breadth first manner.
-h, --help      Display this help information and exit.

--
Vijay Patil