Re: [Help-glpk] MathProg?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MathProg?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:41:18 +0400

> I´m a student who is trying to use GLPK to solve a big LP-problem.
> I want to use MathProg to write down my equations but I don´t know how?

> Could I just use Wordpad or anything like that and then create the
> text if I follow the mathprog- rules?

Yes, to create a model description you can use any text editor.

To solve the model with glpsol under windows it is convenient to create
the following batch file:

glpsol.exe -m foo.mod --log foo.txt

and run it by double clicking. The option '--log' allows writing the
screen output to a specified text file.