[Help-glpk] Structural variables initial values

From: Antonello Lobianco
Subject: [Help-glpk] Structural variables initial values
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:16:47 +0200

Hello.. I have on my model many agents that need to frequently solve a
(relatively small) MIP problem.

This problem change slightly from one solve() call to to the other, so I am
wandering if I can pass the previous solved quantities as initial values.

I am currently running my simulations creating and destroying every time  the
glpk problems, but I am wandering if it is best to create them only the first
time and destroy them at the end of the simulation.
If I don't destroy the glpk problems, is glpk smart enought to take advantage
of previously solved problems, even if in the maintime the structure of the
matrix is slighty changed (eg. I added a row and/or a column) ??

cheers,
   Antonello

--
Antonello Lobianco