[Help-glpk] Command-line and GPL

From: Luca Castelluzzo
Subject: [Help-glpk] Command-line and GPL
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:55:23 +0400

Hi,
I would like to use the GLPK by calling the glpsol command from a Java program
(through system call) that has to solve a specific MIP problem. This program
could build a MathProg file on-the-fly, invoke glpsol with its arguments and
then get the solution from the output file. Therefore, it would be neither
statically nor dynamically linked to the GLPK.

My question is: am I forced to release this program under the GPL?
I've already read http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation but
it didn't help.

Thanks a lot,
Luca Castelluzzo

Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!