[Help-glpk] Finding integer solution above threshold

From: Dan Tulk
Subject: [Help-glpk] Finding integer solution above threshold
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 03:43:41 +0400

Hi,

Is there a way
to get the integer or intopt solver routines to stop when the objective
function has reached a certain value? The problem I'm trying to solve is 'find
any set of column values that satisfy f(x) > m' where f(x) is the objective
function and m is a minimum acceptable value for f(x).

would like to take the objective value found by the simplex solver, subtract a
tolerance value from it and use that as the minimum for integer optimisation. I
hope to reduce the number of iterations required by doing this

Thanks

Dan

 #32;

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Hi,

Is there a way to get the integer or intopt solver routines to stop when the objective function has reached a certain value? The problem I'm trying to solve is 'find any set of column values that satisfy f(x) > m' where f(x) is the objective function and m is a minimum acceptable value for f(x).

I would like to take the objective value found by the simplex solver, subtract a tolerance value from it and use that as the minimum for integer optimisation. I hope to reduce the number of iterations required by doing this