[Help-glpk] glpsol vs api - is glpsol slower?

From: ajay gopinathan
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpsol vs api - is glpsol slower?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:37:25 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to solve a network flow problem which has some integer
constraints as well. Anyway, I've formulated the problem in CPLEX
form, and glpsol then solves it, but it takes close to 10 minutes to
do so. But when I use the API directly, calling lpx_read_cpxlp
followed by calls to lpx_simplex and lpx_integer, I get the same
optimal solution in less than a minute. Is there any reason why glpsol
is so much slower (by almost an entire order of magnitude!) than
direct calls to the API? I've tried looking through the archives but
couldn't find any discussion on this. Any help on this would be
appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ajay