[Help-glpk] Re: "lpx_simplex" fails to find a feasible-point

From: Carl Ponder
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: "lpx_simplex" fails to find a feasible-point
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 00:25:44 +0300

Carl Ponder wrote:

> The first six rows are set as >=0.0 and the second six are set as =0.0.
> I'm minimizing the sum of the last six column-variables, that absorb
> the "residue" of what might otherwise make the last six rows nonzero.
> All variables are set as >=0.0.

One other detail: I set the first column-variable >=1.0 to exclude the
zero-vector as a solution, which would otherwise satisfy all the constraints
as well as minimize the objective-function. The example below satisfies
the >=1.0 constraint as well:

> An example of a feasible-point is the following, in order of the columns
> they mutliply with:
>
>     201.34
>      96.09
>       0.796
>       0.842
>       1
>       0.05
>      89.84
>       0.07
>      53.78
>       0
>       0

I can probably come up with additional constraints on the variables.
I would expect additional constraints to affect the time it takes to
converge to a solution, though, and not make the system feasible if
it wasn't before.
Thanks,

        Carl Ponder