[Help-glpk] glpk49.dll - now needed in VisualStudio 2005?

From: P PO1434
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk49.dll - now needed in VisualStudio 2005?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:55:18 +0000

I just upgraded (?) to Visual Studio 2005 from 2003 and have rebuilt the glpk lib/dll files using the provided .mak.

I then compile a program that links against glpk.lib, however I cannot run it as it says when starting up:
"The application has failed to start because glpk49.dll was not found".

If I add the glpk49.dll file to the programme's directory, it all runs OK.

Why is this now a problem and how come glpk49.dll is requested? I was only wanting to link/use the static glpk.lib file.

Note: I notice the new glpk lib file is MUCH smaller (152K) than the old one (2699K) - could it be that it now merely calls the .dll?

Thanks
Justin