Re: [Help-glpk] linking on Borland C++ 6 ;-))

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] linking on Borland C++ 6 ;-))
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 06:27:42 +0300

> For those that could be interested, I finally get how to link glpk with
> borland C++ 6:
>
> 1)I downloaded the "complete package" from here:
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/glpk.htm
>
> 2)I followed the post
> https://www.coin3d.org/pipermail/coin-discuss/2001-March/000482.html
> and I converted, using coff2omf.exe, libglpk.lib
>
> 3)I went on the project option, table directories and added to the
> include field:
> C:\Programmi\GnuWin32\include
>
> 4)I added the new library to the projects.
>
> ..and finally, it went ok ;-)))
>
> I just notice that the original library, as well libglpk-bcc.lib was
> giving errors.

There is an easier way:

1) download glpk tarball from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/ or from
some mirror GNU ftp site; the most recent version is 4.8.

2) unzip and untar the tarball using WinZip or a similar utility.

3) follow instructions in makefile w32bc5.mak to compile the package
and build the static library.