Re: [Help-glpk] large/small floats

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] large/small floats
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:51:49 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 address@hidden wrote:

> How does GLPK deal with float inputs that differ by orders of magnitude?
>
> Do the scaling routines take care of this?

If you ask for them and only within limits.
It can't scale integer variables.
If x1 and x2 are integer variables and you have the constraint
big*x1 + small*x2 <= anotherbig,
you'll have to live with it or reformulate.
I recommend the latter.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Our gods are dead.  Ancient Klingon warriors slew them