[Help-glpk] GLPK output problem

From: Nicolo Giorgetti
Subject: [Help-glpk] GLPK output problem
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:30:02 -0500

Dear all,

I received this comment for the glpkmex, a Matlab MEX interface for
glpk, but I think it may be of interest not only for Matlab users:

> 3. there is an extremely annoying bug in GLPK, namely in the file
> glpmip2.c on line 1105:
>
> show_progress(tree);
>
> this forces GLPK to display a line on Matlab prompt every time
> computation is finished. which, if you solve a series of MILP problems,
> will flood your screen on linux. note that this does not occur on
> windows. in my opinion, show_progress should only be called if
>
> if (tree->msg_lev > 0)
>    show_progress(tree);
>
> i.e. do not call it when param.msglev is set to 0 in glpkmex.

I was wondering if the output of show_progress(tree) should be redirected with
lib_set_print_hook as any other output printed by glpk. If this is not
possible I would like to know why.

Regards,
Nicolo Giorgetti.