Re: [Help-glpk] Exclude a possible zero solution

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Exclude a possible zero solution
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:45:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Cordian Benedikt Riener wrote:

> I am faced with the following problem.
> I have a LP that maximzies a linear function due to Ax<=0
> My problem is, that I want to exclude the trivial sollution x=0, but I
> dont know how I can do this, because the solver stops once it was found,
> that all other possible solution are samller than the one with x=0. Is
> there a possobility the make the solver run through all the eges of Ax<=0?
> Or some other trick to find the next optimal solution ?

The problem you are describing probably does not have a solution.
It does if there is another solution with objective value 0.
I expect that the difficulty lies in problem formulation.
If the problem from which your LP derives clearly has an optimal
solution, then for sure it has been incorrectly converted into
a LP.
It's possible that the problem doesn't even convert into a LP.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Nothing says it like words if you know how to use them."