[Help-glpk] Re: glpk 4.0 and Concorde

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: glpk 4.0 and Concorde
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:19:19 +0400

>I'm writing because I'm in the need of working with Concorde, the
>state-of-the-art software for solving TSPs.
>
>Since I only need it for quite small instances, I do not need all CPLEX'
>power, so I'm planning to use GLPK instead.
>
>I found a lpglpk30.c file in the 3.0.1 distribution, but I can't find
>any analogous file in the 4.0 distribution.
>
>How can I fix this? I tried using the lpglpk30.c file, but it doesn't
>compile, returning errors.

lpglpk30.c cannot be compiled with glpk 4.0, because it uses old api
routines. I reprogrammed this interace module (see lpglpk40.c in the
attachment). I have tested Concorde with glpk 4.0 on some instances from
TSPLIB 95 (containing up to 1000 nodes) and all seems working properly.
lpglpk40.c will be included in the next release of glpk.

Andrew Makhorin