[Help-glpk] MIP

From: Ioannis Martinos
Subject: [Help-glpk] MIP
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:16:25 -0400

Hi,

We recently performed a flight test where our small helicopter [heli]
computed part of its flight path using GLPK. With the flights success our
interest in GLPK is naturally growing. We
are currently examining how we could speed up the solver for our
formulations. In particular we would benefit if GLPK handled
Special Order Sets of type 1 as described in [Tomlin 70]. So I wanted to ask
you if you plan in implementing SOS handling? In addition I noticed that in
the function "create_branches" the objective function bound on the new nodes
does not take into account the calculated penalties (P_u, P_d) as I would
expect after reading [Tolmlin 70].  Is there a reason for that? Finally I
did not see the Gomory  cut penalty P_G being calculated. Would it be any
useful to calculate it and apply Eq. 3.14 from [Tomlin 70]?

Thank you.
Ioannis Martinos

[heli]: http://gewurtz.mit.edu/research/heli.htm