Re: [Help-glpk] Question SImplex

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Question SImplex
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:53:45 -0400

You just need to call glp_call_bbm1() instead of glp_simplex2().  The
latter function is just an implementation of the simplex method, so it
ignores your integrality constraints.  glp_call_bbm1() will perform
a branch-and-bound algorithm to handle integrality requirements.

It looks like changing that one line will be all you need.

Brady

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 01:21:53PM +0000, Jonata Goulart wrote:

> I don't know what is happening with my model.
> I need to specify binarie (0, 1) variables but on the solution they are not
> integer. The model is simple (Set Covering problem). Each row has to be
> covered by at least one column.
>
> Look what I made and the result:
> Z = 4; x1 = 0; x2 = 0; x3 = 0.5; x4 = 0; x5 = 0; x6 = 0.5; x7 = 0.5
> x8 = 1
> thanks.
>
> s92:  glp_simplex2(lp, NULL);

Brady Hunsaker
Georgia Institute of Technology
Program in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering

E-mail address:   address@hidden