Re: [help-GIFT] Patches leading towards being able to run GIFT on a mode

From: Sarah Kate
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Patches leading towards being able to run GIFT on a modern machine
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:32:24 -0400

Hi again,

I have done more work to build/run GIFT on Debian Bullseye.
There is a Docker image where you can see it working. It is paired with monosock's PHP MRML client.

See the patches here:
https://github.com/sarahkw/dockerize-gift/tree/v0.0.1/patches-gift
Review these patches instead of the ones on the previous e-mail.

Or look at the repository if you'd like to try it out in Docker:
https://github.com/sarahkw/dockerize-gift/tree/v0.0.1

The status is that it runs now, although compiler optimizations have to be disabled.
I guess recent versions of gcc are more aggressive optimizing than older versions and that makes undefined behavior more of a problem.

-Sarah