Re: [help-GIFT] some questions

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] some questions
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:55:05 +1000

Please keep all traffic on the help-GIFT mailing list. I am replying via the list.

On 17/05/11 12:09 AM, zhigao pu wrote:
Hi David,

   Thank you for your help.

   I found a perl client download: http://viper.infotech.monash.edu.au/~davids/PerlMRMLClient.tar.gz

    Is this written by you?

Yes, that's the one, as the host and name should suggest.

   When deploy this client in my web server, and access it, I found the image link generated in the web page is something like "file:///home/photos_thumbnails/P1010056_thumbnail_JPG.jpg", and "file:///home/photos/P1010076.JPG", they can not be displayed on my browser.

They should be, if your browser is running on the same machine as the server. That is a valid local URL.

   Can you  you tell me what's the problem?. I did the image indexing by the following command:

    gift-add-collection.pl /home/photos

If you want them to be publicly visible on the web, you need to put your image collection in a folder that is mapped to the web, e.g. '~/public_html'. This is addressed in Doc/gift-guide.sgml. Look in the section 'Indexing a collection | Handling files in public_html'.

Regards,

David

--
Dr David McG. Squire,  Senior Lecturer
Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia