Re: [help-GIFT] indexing more than one collection

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] indexing more than one collection
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:20:29 +0100

Hi,

do not worry too much if the cui-cumber-of-images is not set correctly. In the normal wieghting this value is to my knowledge not used. It should all work fine and you should be able to have several collections at the same time without problems.

I can not explain why the number is 2473 ... if stopped and restarted it could have been the number of images newly added ...

You can check whether the number of images indexed is correct by looking at the file url2fts that contains all images indexed by URL/identifier and the name of the actual feature file.

You can modify everthing in the config file manually without any problems as well.

Cheers, Henning

Fredrik Gundelsweiler a écrit :
Hi there,

I have indexed a collection of 13.421 images some time ago. Now I wanted to index a new collection of images (#10.000). I stopped the indexing process at about 7.527 images. Then I restarted the process and the indexing was successful. But now I wonder why in my gift-config.mrml the cui-number-of-images is set to about 2474.

Here the line of the gift-config.mrml:

<collection collection-id="c-9-45-20-10-10-108-1-314-0" collection-name="amazon_imgs" cui-algorithm-id-list-id="ail-inverted-file" cui-number-of-images="2473"…>

Why is this value not 10.000 ? Does it matter or is all fine?

Best Regards / Beste Grüße,

Fredrik Gundelsweiler

-----------------------------------

Research Contact:

University of Konstanz

Informatics and Information Science

Human-Computer Interaction

Research Assistant Fredrik Gundelsweiler (B.Sc., M.Sc.)

Room: D207

fon: +49 (0)7531 88-3547

fax: +49 (0)7531 88-4772

mail: address@hidden

-----------------------------------

Private Contact:

Fredrik Gundelsweiler

Brauneggerstrasse 11

78462 Konstanz

fon:      +49 (0)7531 382253

cellular: +49 (0)179 7823145

mail: address@hidden

"Leben, das ist das Allerseltenste in der Welt - die meisten Menschen existieren nur."

Oscar Wilde

"There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who

understand binary and those who don't."