Re: [help-GIFT] struggling with running GIFT...

From: ndesk1900
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] struggling with running GIFT...
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:59:13 -0600

Hi niles,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the php client available at: [http://viper.unige.ch/demo/php/ViperPHPInterface.tar.gz]
After starting the GIFT Server, i connect using the PHP client, i am taken to the main interface page (meaning the logging in at least seems to work fine) however, i see no algorithm listing. On clicking 'get random set of images' i do see some output on the GIFT prompt output (i have attached all this output in my previous email: giftout.txt) and the browser just keeps waiting for images. Also, if i try to relogin after all this, it doesnt respond (so i assume the GIFT server hung or something)

Any idea whatsoever about these issue's? Also, what could be the reason for the message ''ERROR in generating inverted file' ?? One more point is that some of the GIFT server output messages make me think that something went drastically wrong while starting of the server. (stuff like Could not link to symbol, invalid ELF header etc... ). Since you've mentioned that there are lots of warnings and errors being printed out even when things are ok, we could overlook those things.

Please let me know what you think..

Thanks in advance
Neville