[help-GIFT] struggling with running GIFT...

From: ndesk1900
Subject: [help-GIFT] struggling with running GIFT...
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:43:31 -0400

Hello all,

I have been trying to run GIFT on my ubuntu system since quite sometime but am
running into issues. I was really hoping to get some assistance from here.

INDEXING: While indexing the files all seems to go fine until the end where i see
this message 'ERROR in generating inverted
fileCAcIFFileSystem::~CAcIFFileSystem() called'. I have attached out.txt which is
the output of the gift-add-collection.pl.

This is the output on the STDERR:
File /home/scalable/.gift-add-collection could not be opened (No such file or
directory), so I won't use it

Has the indexing happened correctly? Can someone help me get rid of this error? I
saw some previous threads where people got a similar output with some extra XML
issues (my output doesnt have XML issues...)

STARTING THE SERVER: I tried to start the GIFT server and see whether it worked.
It did seem to start, i logged in but didnt get back a list of algorithms. Also,
when i clicked on get random images it just hung. I have attached the debug
output as giftout.txt when gift started.

Also, the STDERR (when i start GIFT) has this output:
Random number generator has been seeded with 32094
Could not link to symbol libGIFTAcPerl_getClassName:/usr/lib/libGIFTAcPerl.so.0:
undefined symbol: libGIFTAcPerl_getClassName
Could not link to symbol libGIFTAcPerl_getClassName:/usr/lib/libGIFTAcPerl.so.0:
undefined symbol: libGIFTAcPerl_getClassName
Could not open library:
/usr/lib/libGIFTAcPerl.a: invalid ELF header
Could not open library:
/usr/lib/libGIFTAcPerl.la: invalid ELF header
Could not link to symbol libGIFTAcPerl_getClassName:/usr/lib/libGIFTAcPerl.so.0:
undefined symbol: libGIFTAcPerl_getClassName
CI18nTranslator.cc:75: File unreadable.
Internationalization will be disabled in this run of the GIFT
/usr/lib/libGIFTQuPerl.so.0: undefined symbol: libGIFTQuPerl_getClassName
/usr/lib/libGIFTQuPerl.so.0: undefined symbol: libGIFTQuPerl_getClassName
/usr/lib/libGIFTQuPerl.so.0: undefined symbol: libGIFTQuPerl_getClassName
..Could not open library:
/usr/lib/libGIFTQuPerl.a: invalid ELF header
..Could not open library:
/usr/lib/libGIFTQuPerl.la: invalid ELF header
TCP socket successfully initialized:7
TCP socket successfully initialized:8

I am also attaching gift-last-in-message.mrml, gift-last-out-message.mrml and
gift-log.mrml in case someone needs to have a look.
Does anyone have any idea where things are going wrong?

Thanks
Neville