Re: [help-GIFT] Help - Interface GNUift - Java Applet

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Help - Interface GNUift - Java Applet
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:02:38 +0200

Hi there,

> i am a student from Stuttgart, and i and a mate were
> asked to write a little java-applet. We have to
> integrate the GNUift in this applet, so that we can
> search for comparable images (content based).
> Can you give me a short advice about the interface
> from GNUift-->Java, and how i can integrate the GNUift
> in Java? I was searching for this, but i found no
> solution.
> That would be very nice.

I think "integrate" is the wrong word. You can make an applet talk to GIFT.

The other possible solution is to re-implement GIFT in JAVA. Oh yes, and you
can do JNI. Buit I do not think this is a useful proposition.

My suggestion is to install one of the working client together with the server
(I think offline I suggested using GIFT and kmrml) ,  and then looking at the
gift-log.mrml.

Looking at the readme and docs might also be a suitable idea.

Did you look at the GIFT sources yet?

Best,

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik