[help-GIFT]a scenario of querying for hierarchy

From: Mingchung Liu
Subject: [help-GIFT]a scenario of querying for hierarchy
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 11:00:46 +0800

Hi, dear friends.
I want to know how I can execute a query for hierarchy query engine, which you talked about in the document----- configuring and hacking the GIFT.
Need I read the DTD of mrml in order to conifigure the a query for hierarchy?  In fact , I don't know exactly what this query engine do . Can I use SnakeCharmer to execute such queries?

If someone can  describe a scenario of such query, or give an example of it , which can refers both  the client side and the server side,I will appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.
Mingchung Liu
School of Management  at Beijing Normal University
Beijing,100875
(+86)10-62204692