Re: [help-GIFT] Problems indexing a collection

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Problems indexing a collection
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:55:09 +0200

Dear Mercedes Perez Bermudez,

> I´m sorry because my english is horrible.

I do not mind anyones english, as I am not a native speaker myself.

It looks like the Fedora installation is broken, as the inverted file
indexer is not able to load or run the shared libraries.

Could you do

find ~/gift-indexing-data/ -name "InvertedFile.db"

probably you will not find anything. Right?

I would suggest you to uninstall GIFT within Fedora, then get a current
CVS version and try to install that?

Get it and then do:

sh bootstrap-cvs.sh

then do ./configure --prefix ~/gift-install && make all && make install

This should install gift into ~/gift-install. The binaries can be found
in ~/gift-install/bin

Dr. Wolfgang Mueller
LS Medieninformatik
Universitaet Bamberg