Re: [help-GIFT] problem when adding collection

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] problem when adding collection
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:00:36 +0100

ImageMagick does not seem to beable to convert your images. Unless this works you will not be able to do any feature extraction.
I am not sure whether this might be weird version of jpg?
Or an old version of ImageMagick?

Cheers, Henning

pratima guttoo wrote:
hi
i got this problem when am adding a collection. Due to this the
directory containing thumbnails is empty.

Estimating how many images we are going to index: 6
file:/usr/local/images//autumn10.jpg
/root/gift-indexing-data/images//autumn10_j
                pg.fts
lURLPrefix: file:/usr/local/images/ lNameBase: autumn10 lExtension: jpg
This script was last modified on 1170414902
We will make a new thumbnail file
making the path /usr/local/images_thumbnails/
Converting /usr/local/images/autumn10.jpg to
/usr/local/images_thumbnails/autumn
        10_thumbnail_jpg.jpg
convert: no decode delegate for this image format
`/usr/local/images/autumn10.jpg'.
convert: missing an image filename
`/usr/local/images_thumbnails/autumn10_thumbnail_jpg.jpg'.
Warning: Thumbnail generation failed for
/usr/local/images_thumbnails/autumn10_thumbnail_jpg.jpg No such file
or directory
We will make a new feature file
Converting /usr/local/images/autumn10.jpg to /tmp/gift_tmp7964.ppm
convert: no decode delegate for this image format
`/usr/local/images/autumn10.jpg'.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/gift_tmp7964.ppm'.
Pre feature extraction convert call returned nonzero: No such file or directory convert -geometry 256x256! /usr/local/images/autumn10.jpg /tmp/gift_tmp7964.ppm There was an error in extracting features from /usr/local/images/autumn10.jpg

my images are found in usr/local. I don't know whether its detecting
the file formats.

 Henning Müller (PhD)
 University & Hospitals of Geneva
 Service of Medical Informatics