Re: [help-GIFT] Error on installing the gift

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Error on installing the gift
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:12:43 +0100

Well,

This is pretty strange and should not happen. Look at the Makefile.am in the
Doc directory if you want to understand my concerns ;-) . Some of these SGML
processing tools throws out of memory? Strange. Another possibility is that
you have too little memory to run the c++ compiler. This might be more
likely, but on the other hand, we would get info that the c++ compiler did
start its work. So let's see.

Anyway, things don't work at your place and you want a quick fix.

I suggest:

Look at the Makefile.am in the toplevel gift directory. You will find in there
the following snippet:
-
SUBDIRS=  Doc scripts dtd \
        @UNPUBLISHED_DIR@ \
        libMRML \
        libGIFTAcURL2FTS\
        libGIFTAcHierarchy libGIFTQuHierarchy\
        libGIFTAcInvertedFile libGIFTQuInvertedFile\
        libGIFTAcPerl libGIFTQuPerl \
        libGIFTAcDistanceMatrix\
        @GIFT_BAYESIAN_DIR@ libSquirePPM GIFTServer FeatureExtraction
-
In this snippet, simply remove "Doc": -->
SUBDIRS=  scripts dtd \
        @UNPUBLISHED_DIR@ \
        libMRML \
        libGIFTAcURL2FTS\
        libGIFTAcHierarchy libGIFTQuHierarchy\
        libGIFTAcInvertedFile libGIFTQuInvertedFile\
        libGIFTAcPerl libGIFTQuPerl \
        libGIFTAcDistanceMatrix\
        @GIFT_BAYESIAN_DIR@ libSquirePPM GIFTServer FeatureExtraction
-
Now run make and see what happens. If the make complains, please install GNU
auto tools.