Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just "restoring" db-files
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:39:21 +0200

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 10:43, Jonas Lindqvist wrote:
> I have a collection with some 90000 images. Tonight, or any day now, I
> will add a small buch of images to that collection. I think they are
> about 300, but it doesn't matter.
> If I were to just use the gift-add-collection.pl script to add the new
> 300 images, I would (unless there is an option I haven't yet found of
> course), end up getting an url2fts.xml file containing 300 images, the
> mrml-file that the server reads would say my collection contains 300
> images, and the db files will just contain info for those new 300
> images. The older 90000 images will be forgotten.

If so, this is a bug which was reintroduced when I fixed something else. The
fix should be tiny. The whole timestamp something is just for avoiding to
extract all features anew. The File::find goes over all files in the
directory, writes out the url2fts and creates features where appropriate.

At least, that is the idea.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg