Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just

From: risc
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just "restoring" db-files
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:00:56 -0500

Jonas,

A while back, i did the required research to create a collection in
multiple stages. What i was doing was running my (faster) feature
extractor against all the image files, using several machines,
dropping the result into one big database, and running the following
version of the gift-add-collection.pl script.

I'm attaching said script.

I THINK it works along the same lines as you're talking about,
only I was using several machines to create a collection with this.

I've done the "homework". A collection built with this script is
bitwise identical to a collection built normally.

Please comment.

(this is more of what i'm trying to merge in. i'm tired of having a
local fork. ;)

Julia Longtin <address@hidden>